Wednesday, September 10, 2008

THING 13

I found PageFlakes a little boxy. However, I really liked the fact that it knew where I was and defaulted to a home page with lots of local information.

My Yahoo page was long - had to scroll - although if you deleted lots of stuff that probably wouldn't be a problem.

I chose iGoogle because - surprise - it was very comfortable. I would make it my home page on a home computer.

I really like some simple things like having top news/sports/politic stories on the homepage - also the local weather.

We have a really good calendar for staff so I wouldn't probably use any of the online calendars. I could see them being used for a families or friends. They could be useful in keeping track of a project.

I can always use more to do lists. The online version would be less likely to be lost than my notes. Again our work calendar gives us options for this but I'm not sure it has the ability to e-mail me a reminder. The reminder will be on the calendar but perhaps not in my face like an e-mail would be.

I looked at Backpack - it looked like it had a very integrated product.

I wondered if Zamzar would have any application for us. I'm checking with people more knowledgeable to find out.

No comments: